Henderson KY Winlink Gateway

Henderson Kentucky Winlink 2000 Gateway 145.010

KC4BQK-10 RMS
KC4BQK-2 BPQ32 NODE
KC4BQK-1 BBS

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mobile Winlink Up and Running

I now have the mobile Winlink system up and running. The final tests went very well. I can connect to my RMS or the one in Owensboro K4HY-12. The mobile consists of a Yaesu FT-1802m and a SCI-6 PC Sound Card Interface. I will post a wright up on this unit. Now I can start testing the complete system with the HSMM radios with it. With this system, I can now pull up somewhere and supply a link for Email for any of our served agency's. This is good for that "Last Mile" communications. With a small 2m beam on a 10 foot pole, I could increase the range of the mobile unit. Now it is time to display the system for the public and other Hams.

No comments:

Post a Comment