Henderson KY Winlink Gateway

Henderson Kentucky Winlink 2000 Gateway 145.010

KC4BQK-10 RMS
KC4BQK-2 BPQ32 NODE
KC4BQK-1 BBS

Monday, February 21, 2011

Memories from a box

I had a flashback in time last night when I took the trash to the curb. My wife had been in the attic and emptied an old box and then set the box out for me to get rid of. This box was from the first PC computer I ever bought that ran Windows. I bought this computer when I was stationed in Fulda Germany in the early 90's. What is hard to believe is that it has been nearly 20 years ago and only seems like it was just yesterday! Wow does time fly! But of course if I stop and think about it my kids have kids now so I guess I qualify as an old timer. This computer was the fastest one I ever had, it had to of had lightning in it!

AST Advantage! Plus
486DX/33 Model 348
-340 MB Hard Drive - 4 MB RAM
-1.2MB and 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drives
-Local Bus VGA 1 MB Memory
-AST Enhanced Keyboard - AST Two-Button Mouse
-Lotus 1-2-3 for Windows and Ami Pro
-Prodigy - American OnLine
-Fax Modem - WinFax

This is the computer that got me hooked to Windows, of course it was a different animal back then. Only lately have I veered away and started using Linux. What memories a box will bring to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment