Henderson KY Winlink Gateway

Henderson Kentucky Winlink 2000 Gateway 145.010

KC4BQK-10 RMS
KC4BQK-2 BPQ32 NODE
KC4BQK-1 BBS

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Acer Aspire One D250-1842 10.1" Netbook

I just recently bought a used  Acer Aspire One Netbook. My first impressions with this netbook is that it is small and compact but still powerful enough to run the software I need to. The keyboard is of course on the small side for my big hands but as long as I do not type to fast it works fine. It has Windows 7 Starter which will give me some experience with the newer Windows operating system. I am not impressed so far. It is so different from any of the other operating systems I have used. I am used to XP which is probably my favorite Windows system. Linix Ubuntu is starting to be my favorite now. It would be nice to be able to change the look and feel to an XP look, but I am not sure that will be possible. I think it will be a good additional laptop for HSMM and other digital modes. I did have it on the air and ran FLdigi last night without any problems. All in all it will be an interesting learning experience.

Some specifications for the netbook:

Screen Size 10.1"
Display Screen Type Active Matrix TFT Color LCD
Memory 1 GB
Lithium Ion Battery
Wi-Fi Standard IEEE 802.11b/g
Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Weight (Approximate) 2.80 lb
Height 1"
Width 10.17"
Depth 7.24"
Hard Drive Capacity 250 GB
Processor Speed 1.60 GHz
Processor Type Atom
Processor Model N270
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Operating System Windows 7 Starter

No comments:

Post a Comment